It all started yesterday...I was trying to get the idea out of my head onto a piece of cloth that I was trying to salvage and wondered what would happen if I wrote with school glue directly on the fabric as the resist and then after it dried, spread a layer of jacquard discharge paste over it. So today I scurry in to apply the jdp and this is what happened...
More layers are forthcoming, but I'll not try this again as the dp just bullied the glue and the glue dried overnight. In the past I applied the glue directly to a silk screen AND for the time involved, because it takes a long while for the blue school glue to dry, (typically a day), I am better off using soy wax which dries immediately.
And these...(ellipis are my favorite grammatical mark...signifying the long trains of fluid but focused for me thoughts that I edit out to keep readers from suffering through the dips and peaks in my mind. I've considered trying to refrain from using them as they are in just about every post I write, but at this point, it feels more like my trademark).
Oh, oh...another conclusion I reached yesterday...for batching dye painted fabrics, I prefer steaming the fabric versus laying it out in the sun, has less loss of colour/dye. I've been tracking this for the last 3 months. BUT, the steaming creates a strong odor when it is immediately unwrapped and rinsed but dissipates very quickly under running water. So I now put on a mask for gasses when rinsing out.